Current Job Openings:
Full-time Administrative/bookkeeping Assistant
We are seeking a motivated Administrative/Bookkeeping Assistant to join our administrative team in Vancouver, B.C. The position offers an excellent opportunity for a candidate with a varied background that includes both administrative skills and accounts payable/receivable experience. This is a brand new position to expand our administrative team to match the needs of our growing firm.
The Administrative/Bookkeeping Assistant will be directly assisting the Office Manager with Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, general bookkeeping functions, document preparation, and general administrative duties. Specific duties include:
- Posting vendor bills, reconciling vendor statements to ensure accuracy, and preparing payments in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that receivables are collected promptly, including following up on the collection of outstanding accounts.
- Client invoicing, bank deposits, and bank and petty cash reconciliations.
- Reviewing employee timesheets for accurate project reporting and invoicing.
- Collaborating with the company accountant at year end.
- Company document preparation (fee proposals and professional letters), editing, and proofreading.
- Ensuring that professional engineering licenses and company certifications, software licenses, business licenses, and alarm permits are up to date.
- General marketing and advertising, including the company website (powered by Squarespace) and company brochure.
- General office administrative duties as assigned (data and file management, data entry, etc.).
- Supporting other departments and staff when required (answering, screening, and forwarding incoming calls while the receptionist is away/on break; conducting research, etc.).
Skills and Experience:
- The successful Administrative/Bookkeeping Assistant must have at least two years previous experience in office administration and bookkeeping.
- Knowledge and understanding of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and bookkeeping practices.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel), Windows PC, and QuickBooks Professional (experience with other accounting software is acceptable), and able to type at least 60 wpm.
- Experience with Deltek Vision is not required, but would be considered a valuable asset; otherwise, on the job training will be provided while our firm transitions from QuickBooks Professional to Deltek Vision in the coming months.
- A positive team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks, priorities, and deliverables, with minimal supervision.
- Detail-orientated with excellent critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.
- Provide a high degree of accuracy and completeness in work and be accountable for schedule and efficiency.
- Fast learner who can communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to coordinate with internal staff and clients.
- Willingness to learn on the job, ask questions and assume responsibility.
- Maintain quality of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Dependable, motivated, and willing to work extra hours when required.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who consistently demonstrates professionalism and has a desire to grow both professionally and personally. This person is a team player, always shows a positive attitude towards clients, and strives for constant improvement in process and delivery.
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you! Please send applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume and cover letter in PDF format with "Administrative/Bookkeeping Assistant" in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those short-listed, will be contacted for an interview.